Wednesday, March 23, 2005

God, The Savior

Yesterday I was watching "The last temptation of Christ"

They show that Jesus is rescued & he's not a messiah. There's an interesting scene which goes on like this.(I changed the dialogues as I dont remember them word by word)

He sees a preacher talking about Jesus & resurrection. Jesus goes to the priest asks

"Did u see Jesus after resurrection?"

"No I did not. But his disciples did."

"They couldnt have. I'm jesus. Neither did I die nor was I ressurrected."

"Y do I care? People want a savior and god. So I give them that. It doesnt matter whether you are dead or not. I dont care."

"I'm going to tell people."

"They will kill you. " While leaving the preacher says "Oh! BTW it was nice meeting you."

This got me thinking. ISnt that what people want? A security that there's some1 to look after me. Some1 to redeem me from my sins. Some place nice to go after death.

People love the idea of the savior, would love to believe in one. Whether he exists or not, doesnt really matter.

No comments: